I suggest you ...

Enable a user to view/share a list of "My Interests"

I wanted to share the sessions I'm interested with my team, but was unable to find the means to easily do so (without manually parsing the html source of course)

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    drivenbyhimdrivenbyhim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  woodypAdminwoodyp (Admin, SoCal Code Camp) responded  · 

I like the idea a lot, it would help speakers know what people are interested in etc. the code base would support user profiles and this could be added to it but would you want to see a fill user profile or just a simple name, twitter name & Interests?

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • drivenbyhimdrivenbyhim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I misunderstood your question at first.

"...would you want to see a fill user profile or just a simple name, twitter name & Interests?"

When sharing "My Interests", the content would probably need to be different based on the service.
        * Twitter should probably be something simple, with a link to the user's profile page (that shows interests) "Check out <username>'s session interests over at #codecamp <profilePageUrl>" or something to that effect.
        * Facebook might just list all the interests, with a link to the code camp website
        * In an email, you could provide much more information along with the list of interests, such as name, twitter and bio.

• drivenbyhimdrivenbyhim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a full profile would be pretty neat. It could display sessions attended at past code camps, and other useful information.

In terms of the suggestion, it would be great to share a given list of interests via twitter, facebook and/or email. The main benefit here is to help spark interest in code camp itself, by encouraging friends and colleagues to attend as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base